an online class
with Dyan Reaveley
and Dina Wakley
What is Back 2 Back?
Lots of inspiration.
Artistic conversation about the process of art making.
Join Dyan and Dina for a collage adventure!
We start class by showing you some of our most beloved background techniques. We each make two similar backgrounds, so that we can trade with each other. Watch us squirm as we take on the challenge to create on each other's work. The result is lots of laughs and lots of artistic inspiration!
- Two background techniques, one Dyan style, one Dina style.
- Two collage methods, one Dyan style, one Dina style.
- A lively conversation about collage and art-making.
- FOUR art journal pages created in front of your eyes in over three hours of narrated video. The content is equivalent to a 3-hour class with Dyan and a 3-hour class with Dina.
- PDF supply list.
- PDFs of Dyan's and Dina's finished pages.
- Digital downloads of the backgrounds Dyan and Dina created so that you can work on them, too.
- Permanent access to class materials.
- Facebook group in which you can share your work and chat with other students. (Look for Back2Back on Facebook.)
Who We Are
Dyan Reaveley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. Her eclectic style comes through in her vibrant color combinations of inks and paints, using text as an insightful design element. She is known for her creativity with layering color, images and thought-provoking collages.
As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dyan designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes books, inks, stamps, stencils, journals, and more. Look for the Dylusions Line by Ranger at a store near you.
Dyan owns a teaching and design studio, Art from the Heart, in Harrogate, in the north of England. Dyan's mission is to introduce everyone to the fabulous therapy that is art journaling and creating mixed-media art.
You can visit Dyan at
Dina Wakley is a mixed-media artist and teacher. She loves everything about art: creating it, thinking about it, looking at it, and teaching it.
Dina is passionate about teaching art. She teaches both in-person and online workshops. She is a docent at the Phoenix Art Museum, where she gives tours to school groups and gets kids excited about art.
As a Ranger Signature Designer, Dina designs a line of mixed-media art supplies that includes acrylic paints, mediums, brushes, rubber stamps, stencils, and more. Look for the Dina Wakley Media Line by Ranger at a store near you.
Dina's book Art Journal Freedom: How to Journal Creatively With Color & Composition is available now. Her new book, Art Journal Courage: Fearless Mixed Media Techniques for Journaling Bravely, will be out late October 2015.
You can visit Dina at http://www.dinawakley.com
Ready to join us?
How to buy Back2Back:
Create an account, if you don't already have one.
Click on "Back2Back: Collage."
Put the class in your cart.
Check out with PayPal.
How to access your class:
Log into your account. Click on "My Classes," which will appear near the top left. You will see your class.
How to access the Facebook group:
Search for Back2Back on Facebook or go to
Questions? Email me at email@example.com