Hand-carved Word Stamps for Art Journaling and Mixed Media
I am so sorry we had to cancel the class on Friday...I was in bed coughing up a lung and nursing a high fever. We're rescheduling the class, the new date is:
Friday, March 11th from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Call the store directly to sign up...623.847.2215.
Take your personal journaling to new heights by using hand-carved word stamps. Hand-carving a stamp out of an eraser is easy, and you’ll find that you use your collection of words over and over again!
In class we’ll discuss and carve our words. You’ll create a collection of words that are meaningful to you. Then we’ll incorporate our words into our journals and other mixed-media art. Come and have fun experimenting and playing!
- All your usual art journaling and mixed-media supplies (gesso, acrylic paint, brushes, pen for journaling, regular pencil, ephemera, etc.).
- Permanent black ink pad, like a Ranger Archival pad.
- If you’d like to work in your journal, please bring it. I will have watercolor paper for you to use, too. You are always welcome to bring other substrates, as well (canvas, wood panels…whatever interests you!).
- Tool for making hand-carved stamps. I have the Speedball Carving Kit (retails for around $14). I prefer the two smallest v-shaped cutting nibs, but if you buy the kit, it comes with several types. I will provide the erasers for carving.
- A list of words that are meaningful to you.