Why can't I be a big flake? Why, why, why? Why do I have this darned sense of duty that always forces me to do the right thing. Sigh.
I've gotten myself into a big one and not sure if I can get out of it. Maybe I'll get the flu tonight.
I have 48 hours to find moon boots, a curly brown wig, aviator glasses, and learn the Napoleon Dynamite dance. And then I have to perform it at a church party. Tomorrow night. On a stage. In front of people.
Do you have a cold? Come and cough into my cereal. Please.
Okay, that post title has nothing to do with anything, I just felt like saying it. *smirk*
I was AWOL this week due to my Cubmaster duties...had the Blue & Gold Banquet last night. I know I look just smokin' in that hot brown Scout shirt. *choke* So many people helped with the Banquet...a big shout out to Sher & John & Alexis, KP, Flo, Kelly, Shannon, and Dottie. You guys are amazing.
I treated myself to this fun purse. Bought it from BabyBug Shop at Etsy.com. Public Service Announcement: Support Indie Crafts! The bag is cute, well-made, and just plain fun. She shipped it to me one day after I ordered it, too. You can't beat service like that.
When I feel creatively stymied, I sometimes browse through a color journal that I started keeping many years ago. I haven't added to it in a while, but I need to. I collected bits of art from magazines, samples of cardstock I own, etc. and put them into a black journal. I looked through it today and it gave me just the jolt I needed. I thought I'd share a few of the pages with you so you can maybe make a color journal of your own.
I've been stuck home with a sick kid since Wednesday...not fun for either of us. Pray that you don't get this respiratory crud that has been going around. Not pleasant.
I was reading The Devil's Highway and decided to "close my eyes" for just a few minutes. Three hours later, I woke up. AAACK. I can't even think of the last time that I had a 3 hour nap. Once the grogginess passes, I should feel pretty good and may even get some art done.
I should wait until VD to post this, but what the hay. Here's my Valentine for Lea's swap:
Got crack-a-lackin today on my ATCs for Marilyn's Fortune Swap. Here they are...I can't decide if they're "done" or not. Hmm. The cool thing about these cards is that I brought all the papers (except for the cardstock backing and the white "fortune") home from my trip to China. The background paper is from a receipt book that I purchased in a dept. store in Qingdao. The people images are from a set of postcards that I bought in Qingdao. The Chinese character is from a children's "learn to write" book I purchased.
1. I'm back from CHA. Rah, rah, rah. You can see pics at ScapGal.
2. I cleaned bathrooms this morning that were worse than the loos at Chevron. I mean it people, those bathrooms were vile. Disgusting. I'd better be getting a pretty good place in heaven for all the pee I've had to clean off toilets. Oh, sorry, do I offend your delicate sensibilities? Too bad. *snort*
3. On my to-do list (I see you yawning...I see you) is the Fortune ATC swap...must get that done this week. Also I have Lea's Valentine card swap. (I hear you saying whoop-dee-do...I hear you.) Oh, and I'm about a bazillion weeks behind in the Art Journal Challenge. Oh, how I long for some art-ing time. Soon, soon.
4. I hate being fat. I do. I hate it. I lay in bed at night and I can barely stand the enormity of myself spreading out over the mattress. Ugh. I commit to counting WW points again, starting first thing in the morning. I get up and eat healthy cereal and lite yogurt. And then around noon I become possessed by another being, or personality, or demon, or whatever, and I can't stop eating the cinnamon gummy hearts. Sigh. I'm so weak.
5. I've been tagged a ton of times by some of the gals from Scrapbook Addict. Have I done even one of those tags? Nope. Not yet. Don't give up on me, baby. I'll get to it. I know you're all anxiously awaiting my list of 5 guilty pleasures. I see you tapping your foot. I see you.
6. I want to share this layout I did for my friend Lulu. Love ya, girlfriend!
Click Here For Info on Brave Girl's University Brave Girl's University is an innovative classroom loaded with instruction and inspiration. You can take some of my online classes here, as well as classes by many other talented instructors.